Presto, William C.
William C. Presto was hired by William P Krause; a successful music salesman who wanted to build a storefront worthy of attention; as the architect for the Krause Music Store. Presto had earlier worked with Louis Sullivan in 1919. Presto recommended Sullivan to complete the job, and the project became Sullivan's last.
Presto also designed the Art Deco building at 6424 N. Western Avenue. Which, coincidentally, was the first home of the Rogers Park/West Ridge Historical Society. RPWRHS moved into the building on October 1, 1991.