West Rogers Park Property Owners Association

From HistoryWiki

West Rogers Park Property Owners Association Soundex Code A223

In February 1944, the West Rogers Park Property Owners Association met with the Illinois Brick Company about the clay pit located from Touhy Avenue to Pratt Boulevard, and from the North Shore Channel to Sacramento Avenue. The property owners tentatively gave their approval to a plan that the pit be used for a dump under the "sanitary fill" method which has been the vogue in New York City for many years and by which thousands of acres of land, including that upon which LaGuardia Airport now stands, have been reclaimed.