West Ridge, Village of
The Village of West Ridge was incorporated on November 28, 1890, by a vote of 49-0. It should be pointed out that this was in the time before women were allowed to vote and all of the men voted.
West Ridge was annexed by the City of Chicago on April 4, 1893.
Henry D. Capitain was instrumental in creating the Village of West Ridge.