The undertaking establishment of Peter Weimeschkirch also constituted the Rogers Park Morgue, was partially destroyed during the Great Rogers Park Fire. The undertaker found time to save most of his stock. His residence was also saved.
Peter Weimeschkirch born in 1851, opened his undertaking business in 1888 at (now) 7066 N. Clark Street. His brother, Nicholas, born in 1859, ran the affiliated livery service garaged around the corner at (now) 1776 W. Estes Avenue. The original frame buildings were destroyed in the fire and soon rebuilt in masonry. This family business was in continuous operation for a hundred years.
Discrepancy in street numbers.