Park Gables Condominiums

From HistoryWiki

Park Gables

2438-84 W. Estes Avenue

This Tudor-revival apartment complex, was designed by architect James Denson first opened its doors in 1927. Named for its gabled roofs, this large condo building is reminiscent of an old English village. The apartments were designed around the naturalistic landscape of Indian Boundary Park. This complex of 72 apartments once featured a private gymnasium and playroom, a handball court, a special exercise room for women only (suggested by developer Allan McDonnell’s wife Virginia), and a nine-hole putting green, which has been converted to an exercise room. Like Park Castles, this complex also has a splendid and multi-hued “Pompeian” swimming pool.

The Park Gables was built in 1927.

Park Gables was featured in the 1999 Annual Fall House Tour and the 2010 Annual House Tour.

Park Gables was one of the featured locations during openhousechicago 2011, 2012.