North Shore Park
The North Shore Park District had a park at the end of Farwell Avenue at Lake Michigan which was called North Shore Park, now known as Loyola Park, 1230 W. Greenleaf Avenue. It was the sole park created by the North Shore Park District, one of 22 independent park boards consolidated into the Chicago Park District in 1934.
In Kirk's Map of Chicago and Suburbs 1937, the park area at the end of Farwell Avenue has expanded into the lake and north along the shore. On this map, it is labeled as North Shore Park.
First called North Shore Park (1909-Dec. 1937), and later Loyola Park (Dec. 1937-present), this street-end beach (and surrounding park land) was officially named on Dec. 21, 1909. It was officially re-named "Loyola Park" on Dec. 7, 1937.