1400 W. from 400 N. to 1558 N.
Named for brothers Mark Noble and John Noble. In 1832, they were raising cattle south of Chicago when other settlers, fearing Indian attacks during the Black Hawk War, took refuge in the city. This fearful immigration increased the city's population five-fold and drained its food stores. When meat became scarce, the Noble brothers drove their 150 head of cattle to the city and butchered them,thus averting meat rationing for the troops at Fort Dearborn and the people of Chicago.