WR 3200 W., from 7600 N. to 11476 S. This street, from Howard Street south to Lincoln Avenue is in West Ridge - ONLY
The Chicago City Council passed a lengthy ordinance January 14, 1895, rationalizing the street naming system. It wasn't until the 1950s that this street was extended from Pratt Boulevard to Howard Street. So, no Kedzie addresses require any address conversion.
This street was NOT listed as being far enough north to be in West Ridge in 1895, 1897, 1898, 1901, 1902, 1903, 1904 Chicago Blue Book.
Born in Stamford, Connecticut, John Hume Kedzie (1815-1903) came to Chicago in 1847 as an attorney. Although licensed to practice law in New York, he thought there might be more opportunity for a lawyer in the growing City of Chicago. But as soon as he saw the real estate opportunities in town, he turned from his case files to building a real estate empire.
Kedzie developed parts of the North Side and West Side and several suburbs, including Evanston, where he lived. In 1868, he and his partners formed the Ravenswood Land Company, and in 1869, they purchased and developed 194 acres near the Chicago & North Western Railway tracks in the City of Lake View. The land company’s Board of Directors included: Kedzie, Cyrus P. Leland, John P. Wilson (1844-1922), and Luther L. Greenleaf (1821-1886), who all have streets named after them.
West Ridge Addresses
South of West Ridge Addresses