Holly Theatre

From HistoryWiki

Holly Theatre Soundex Code H400

1500 W. Fullerton Avenue

Chicago

Architect: John J. Burns

Closed

Demolished

1 screen

1,000 seats

The Hollywood Theatre was located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood at Fullerton Avenue and Greenview Avenue. It opened in 1926 and could seat 1,000.

The Hollywood Theatre had a relatively brief lifespan, closing in January 1957. For about the last decade of its operation, it was called the Holly Theatre. The theater was demolished in the mid-1960s, and is a Walgreens parking lot today.