Doland, Franklin H.

From HistoryWiki
(Redirected from Franklin H. Doland)

Franklin H. Doland Soundex Code D453

In 1885, Franklin H. Doland purchased 18 acres. He purchased an additional 23 acres in 1887, making his holdings a whopping 41 acres. He developed a subdivision from Lake Michigan to the St. Paul Railroad tracks and from Touhy Avenue on the south to Rogers Avenue on the north. Doland also laid the first 6-foot stone sidewalks in Rogers Park and in 1890 he subdivided his property into lots for the purchase of houses.

Member of the Rogers Park Village Board in the 1890s.

Chicago Blue Book

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland were listed in the 1890 Chicago Blue Book, page 617. This issue does not list the address of anyone living in Rogers Park.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland were listed in the 1891 Chicago Blue Book, page 709. This issue does not list the addresses of Rogers Park residents.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland were listed in the 1892 Chicago Blue Book, page 757. This issue does not list the address of anyone living in Rogers Park.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland lived at 852 Touhy Avenue, in the 1895 Chicago Blue Book, page 298. This was the first issue to providem addresses of Rogers Park residents.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland lived at 852 Touhy Avenue, in the 1897 Chicago Blue Book, page 300.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland were listed in the 1901 Chicago Blue Book, page 280.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland & daughters were listed in the 1902 Chicago Blue Book, page 271.

Mr. & Mrs. Franklin H. Doland, 852 Touhy Avenue, 1904 Chicago Blue Book, page 274.

Book of the North Shore

The house of Franklin H. Doland, 1602 W. Kenilworth Avenue now 1602 W. Touhy Avenue was plate 37 in the Book of the North Shore.

Rogers Park Directory, 1919, page 22.

Franklin H. Doland, 1602 W. Kenilworth Avenue now 1602 W. Touhy Avenue