Chicago Association of Realtors

From HistoryWiki

Chicago Association of Realtors Soundex Code C220

The Chicago Real Estate Board was founded in 1883. Its first permanent location, in 1892, was the Chicago Real Estate Board Building at 32 W. Randolph St., which has now been replaced by the office tower connected to the Oriental theater building. (This information comes from Dreams, Money and Ambition: A History of Real Estate in Chicago [Chicago: Chicago Real Estate Board, 1983], p. 23; available for building use only at the Business Information Center in Harold Washington Library Center, 400 S. State St., 4th floor).

According to the Illinois Secretary of State Corporate/LLC database (http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/), the organization changed its name to the Chicago Board of Realtors, Inc. in 1986, then to the Chicago Association of Realtors, Inc. in 1991. It is still operating under the last name (http://www.chicagorealtor.com/).