Anna Thinnes Soundex Code T520
Anna Thinnes was born in 1867, and was the wife of Nicholas Thinnes. They emigrated from Germany in 1891 and purchased land on (now) Western Avenue north of Lunt Avenue, (7046 N. Western Avenue).
They went immediately into the greenhouse business, employing their entire family, and a couple of hired laborers, in producing vegetable and floral crops year round.
They generated their own power from a (likely) coal-fired steam generation plant attached to the rear of the home.
Nicholas, his wife Anna, and at least one son, Nicholas J., born in 1906, are interred in St. Henry's Cemetery.